Monday, October 26, 2009

Storm Thorgerson


So while my teacher and I were practicing "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, we started talking about the album covers and what not. I was pretty curious to who did the album cover for "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. My teacher said it was Storm Thorgerson. In fact, Storm Thorgerson did all the album covers for Pink Floyd. He also did covers for The Cranberries, Led Zepplin and Dream Theater. I thought that was completely awesome. I really like how he incorporated photography with graphic design to create awesome album covers. He not only did non-moving art work, he did partly moving artwork for DVD menus and what not. He also did completely moving work, such as videos and documentaries. This guy is pretty awesome. You guys should check him out.
Click here for Storm Thorgerson.

2 comments:

  1. wish you were here. awesome song. awesome cover. awesome dude. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this... my all time favorite album cover. It stands alone from other covers. I see it and it speaks Pink Floyd. In fact, I'm going to play 'Shine On Your Crazy Diamond' right now while I blog today!! Great story behind this album and this very song. You should check it out... very sad yet amazing coincidence!

    ReplyDelete