Friday, October 23, 2009

A Sign of Hope

Today, I went out for a little while to search for some interesting things for my Photojournalism assignment. For most of it, I had no luck. Out of the blue, I found something, or someone rather, that caught my eye. A homeless man on the side of the road with a sign that said, "Food." He looked awesome, well, not really. But I thought he would make a good photo. Therefore, I asked him and gave him some money. He was very kind and very happy to see that I had given him something. He just looked quite happy, even after I left. I think I inspired someone else to give him something. Just as I called Amy, a car was pulled over, and he was near the window. I'm hoping they helped out. Well yea. I learned something. Even if they are homeless, a little change gives them hope.
So here's Bob. I'm not done editing the image, but I wanted to blog about it.
Bob

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I tripped over a pool float for that. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Amy! You're amazing for tripping over a pool float to pick up my phone call

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol But no really its a good picture. and he's even throwin you some deuces! peace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is very cool.
    And I just want to say I love the line you have in here:
    "Even if they are homeless, a little change gives them hope."
    ...Even if it sounds a bit like it comes from an Obama speech :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. A touching photo with a touching story. Well done Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Twitty. I didn't try to do that, but I wanted to make his day just a little better. He helped me out, so I wanted to help him out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I felt safe going out alone. Do you ever get nervous by yourself or do you go alone often. I know you're w/Amy alot; just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I am close to my house or work, I am perfectly content with going out alone. But, I always prefer to go with people. It makes me feels safer having people with me. I do prefer going with Amy or Twitty or someone I trust. It just makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ana, that was very kind of you, and to top it off, you got your assignment done! good for you! Doing something kind to people always make me smile, even if it's a little something, it's the thought that count, it's great to have people like you around!

    Oh by the way, I do not know how I passed your blog and not put you on my photographer's blogroll, so I went and added you on it, I am so sorry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ze: Thanks. I just feel if someone helps you, that you can help back. Haha. I was only pulling your leg, so its all good
    Britt: thank ya thank ya

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is sad.. but happy. great picture. :)

    ReplyDelete